This recent article from Consumer Reports provides consumers with information about how to save money on mortgage fees by:
1. Obtaining several loan estimates
As the article states, "Your best tool to comparison-shop mortgage fees is a Loan Estimate—a free, standardized form that you can request from each lender." The company I used to work for, Kleimann Communication Group, Inc. and I, prior to entering real estate, helped the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) develop this consumer friendly tool. The Loan Estimate breaks down the total cost of a loan, "so you can compare loans, apples to apples."
Other ways to reduce your fees include:
2. Avoiding or minimize junk fees
3. Shopping for or negotiating on fees you can control
4. Questioning fees that appear to be out of your control
5. Preparing for closing fees you can't avoid
To read the full article and get more detail about how to save money, please click the link below:
Sharing Colorado, Denver, real estate, and home related news and information...