Recolorado.com contains the most up to date, accurate listing information for the Denver Metro home inventory.
The recolorado.com site populates directly from the MLS (multiple listing service) that Realtors and agents use to input new listing information or to update listing status information. The new or updated information is refreshed almost immediately on recolorado.com after being inputted to the MLS. All of the other sites out there essentially populate from recolorado.com including Trulia, Zillow, Realtor, Homefinder, and Redfin. It takes much longer for that information to be updated on these other sites (in general, I’ve been seeing about 24-48 hours whereas it’s about 60 minutes on recolorado).
These other sites do offer useful, helpful, and often some different types of information, such as local school information or payment calculations, but if you want to see current inventory, recolorado.com will have the updated information before these other sites.
The home page of our website takes you directly to recolorado.com to search for homes.
5280 Magazine recently published their Denver Real Estate 2014 Guide. Some highlights from the article include:
7,094: Number of Denver homes on the market at the start of 2014. Roughly 17,000 is ideal.
For sellers: Making sure your home is in good condition before plopping it on the market is, once again, required.
For buyers: Making peace with the fact that prices are high may be a necessity, but being patient enough so you don’t pay a premium for an undesirable home is the smart move.
Denver homes continue to gain value at a rapid rate.
The article also discusses the following neighborhoods:
Washington Park East
South Park Hill
Platt Park North
Congress Park South
Click below to read the full article.
Source: 5280 Magazine
Five things that make us happy with our homes.
According to a recent survey conducted by houzz.com, here are five things that consistently make people happy with their homes.
1. Big windows and comfortable furniture: Nearly 75 percent of respondents listed these two items as major difference-makers. It’s a no-brainer—people like lots of light and a good place to relax.
2. A big-screen TV: This is more likely to be a key feature for men than women. 40 percent of men said having a big-screen TV makes them happy with their homes, compared to just 17 percent of women.
3. Overall design and layout : 87 percent of the 6,000 people surveyed said the design of the home is a major contributor to overall happiness. If you’re unhappy with your home and there’s a project you’ve been wanting to tackle, get to it!
4. Home cookin’: 39 percent of respondents said the scent of good cooking or baking made them happiest. Clearly, it helps to have a capable chef around the house!
5. Keep it tidy: 72 percent of homeowners said they’re happiest when their houses are clean and well-organized. If you want to be happier with your home, try having a place for everything, and put everything in its place.
Content courtesy of BreakthroughBroker.com
Sharing Colorado, Denver, real estate, and home related news and information...